Memristor-Based Platforms: A Comparison Between Continous-Time and Discrete-Time Cellular Neural Networks
In this chapter, theory, circuit design methodologies and possible applications of Cellular Nanoscale Networks (CNNs) exploiting memristor technology are reviewed. Memristor-based CNNs platforms (MCNNs) make use of memristors to realize analog multiplication circuits that are essential to perform CNN calculation with low power and small area.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Cellular Automaton Input Current Synaptic Weight Lena Image
The first part of this work was financially supported by NRF-2011-0030228, NRF-2013K1A3A1A25038533, NRF-2013R1A1A2A10064812, and BK Plus with the Educational Research Team for Creative Engineers on Material-Device-Circuit Co-Design (Grant No: 22A20130000042), funded by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), and by Global Scholarship Program for Foreign Graduate Students at Kookmin Univ. The CAD tools were supported by IC Design Education Center (IDEC), Daejeon, Korea.
The second part of this work has been supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Con il contributo del Ministero degli Affari Esteri, Direzione Generale per la Promozione del Sistema Paese.
- 1.Kim, Y.S., Min, K.S.: Shared memristance restoring circuit for memristor-based cellular neural networks. In: International Workshop on Cellular Nanoscale Networks and Their Applications (CNNA2014), Notre Dame, IN, July 2014Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, Y.S., Min, K.S.: Synaptic weighting circuits for cellular neural networks. In: International Workshop on Cellular Nanoscale Networks and Their Applications (CNNA2012), Turin, Italy (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Strukov, D.B., Snider, G.S., Stewart, D.R.: The missing memristor found. Stanley R. Nat. 453, 80–88 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Domnguez-Castro, R., Espejo, S., Rodrguez-Vzquez, A., Carmona, R.A., Fldesy, R., Zanrdy, A., Szolgay, P., Szirinyi, T., Roska, T.: A 0.8-m CMOS two-dimensional pro-grammable mixed-signal focal-plane array processor with on-chip binary imaging and in-structions storage. IEEE J. Solid-State Circ. 32, 1013–1026 (1997)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Guide, Virtuoso Spectre Circuit Simulator User: CADENCE. San Jose, CA, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Ascoli, A., Corinto, F., Tetzlaff, R.: Generalized boundary condition memristor model. Int. J. Circ. Theory Appl. (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Orlowski, M., Secco, J., Corinto, F. Chuas constitutive memristor relations for physical phenomena at metal-oxide interfaces. J. Emerg. Sel. Top. Circ. Syst. (2015). (in press)Google Scholar