This paper was communicated to the journal by H. S. Vandiver, number theorist and fellow of the US National Academy of Sciences.
KeywordsProbability Theory Statistical Sample Poisson Distribution Initial Point Prime Factor
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Prachar, K. in Primzahlverteilung (Berlin, 1957). (ch. 3).Google Scholar
- 2.Hardy, G.H. and E.M. Wright, in An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers (Oxford University Press, 1945), Theorem 430, 349–354.Google Scholar
- 3.Prachar, K. op. cit. (ch. 2, Theorem 4.4).Google Scholar
- 4.Ibid., Theorem 2.4.7.Google Scholar
- 5.Feller, W. An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications (New York, 1950), vol. 1, p. 366. (et passim).Google Scholar
- 6.For general known results on gaps in the sequence of primes, see Prachar, op. cit., p. 154 ff.Google Scholar
- 7.Ricci, G. in “Sul pennello di quasi-asintoticità delle differenze di interi primi consecutivi,” Rend. Atti. Accad. Naz. Lincei, 8, 192–196 and 347–351 (1954-5).Google Scholar
© Springer (India) Pvt. Ltd. 2016