Managing Thermal Stress
Operating parameters of a power plant are dynamic, and in general, vary within a band of designed limits. However in case of abnormal operation the equipment may experience thermal stress. This chapter has dealt with the effect of thermal stress and its management.
KeywordsSteam Turbine Thermal Fatigue Flame Temperature Corrosion Fatigue Thermal Plant
- Forde J, Fernandes J, Sibli A (2009) Damage to power plant due to cyclic operations and guidelines for best practices. European Technology Development (ETD) report, April 2009Google Scholar
- Kumar A, Mathuriya S, Silpi S (2014) Detection of creep damage and fatigue failure in thermal power plants and pipelines by non-destructive testing techniques. A review. Int J Eng Res Technol (IJERT), 3(11)Google Scholar
- Oesterlin H, Maier G (2013) Numerical assessment of power plant components by use of mechanism-based material models for deformation and lifetime. In: 39th MPA-seminar October 8 and 9, 2013 in Stuttgart. Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials IWM, FreiburgGoogle Scholar
- Okrajni J (2009) Thermo-mechanical fatigue conditions of power plant components. J Achiev Mater Manuf Eng 33(1)Google Scholar
- Sanders R, Hu X (2011) Thermal fatigue of power plant components. In: CEED Seminar Proceedings 2011Google Scholar