Haematology and Oncology: Common ED Presentations
A new diagnosis of a previously undiagnosed haematological or oncological condition may occur in the ED.
KeywordsSickle Cell Disease Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia Full Blood Count Tumour Lysis Syndrome Chronic Venous Insufficiency
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Bailey S, Skinner R. Oxford specialist handbook in paediatrics – haematology and oncology. Oxford: Oxford University. 2010; pg 69–75, 93–96, 102–104, 315–327, 380–383, 395–2.Google Scholar
- 2.Yee DL. Approach to the child with bleeding symptoms. UptoDate online. Available from URL:http://www.uptodate.com/contents/approach-to-the-child-with-bleeding-symptoms.
- 3.Raffini L. Evaluation of purpura in children. UptoDate online. Available from URL: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/evaluation-of-purpura-in-children.
- 4.Horton TM, Steuber CP. Overview of the presentation and diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in children and adolescents. UptoDate online. Available from URL: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/overview-of-the-presentation-and-diagnosis-of-acute-lymphoblastic-leukemia-in-children-and-adolescents.
- 5.Vichinsky E. Overview of the clinical manifestations of sickle cell disease. UptoDate online. Available from URL: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/overview-of-the-clinical-manifestations-of-sickle-cell-disease.
- 6.Albisetti M, Chan A. Pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of venous thrombosis and thromboembolism in infants and children. UptoDate online. Available from URL: “http://www.uptodate.com/contents/pathogenesis-and-clinical-manifestations-of-venousthrombosis-and-thromboembolism-in-infants-and-children”.
- 7.Larson AR, Pui C. Tumour lysis syndrome: definition, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, etiology and risk factors. UptoDate online. Available from URL: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/tumor-lysis-syndrome-definition-pathogenesis-clinical-manifestations-etiology-and-risk-factors.
- 8.Cheng D, Tattermusch S. Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Supportive Care Protocols. A collaborative publication from Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. 4th Edition. July 2014. p. 29–33, 65–75.Google Scholar
- 9.South Thames Retrieval Service. Paediatric oncological emergencies guideline. 2nd Edition, 2011. Available from URL: www.strs.nhs.uk.
- 10.David SS. Textbook of emergency medicine. New Delhi: Wolters Kluwer Health; 2011. ISBN-13:978-8184732023.Google Scholar
© Springer India 2016