Early Management of Trauma
Trauma is the second leading cause of mortality in all ages and the leading cause of mortality under age 44 years.
KeywordsEmergency Medical Service Tranexamic Acid Laryngeal Mask Airway Cardiac Tamponade Primary Survey
- 7.American College of Surgeons, Committee on Trauma. Resources for the optimal care of the injured patient. Chicago: Committee on Trauma American College of Surgeons; 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.International Association of Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care/Academy of Traumatology (India). NTMC. National Trauma Management Course™. Available from www.indiatrauma.org. Accessed Jun 2014.
- 9.American College of Surgeons. ATLS® student course. 9th ed. Chicago: ACS; 2012.Google Scholar
- 10.International Society of Surgery/International Association of Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care. DSTC Course™. Available from www.iatsic.org/dstc.html. Accessed Jun 2014.
- 11.National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians. PreHospital trauma life support. 7th ed. St. Louis: Mosby-JEMS; 2011.Google Scholar
- 12.Campbell J, editor. International trauma life support. Alabama: Alabama Chapter – American College of Emergency Physicians; 2011.Google Scholar
- 13.Primary trauma care. www.primarytraumacare.org (updated 2013). Accessed Jun 2014.
- 14.Emergency Nurses Association. Trauma Nurse Core Course, 7th ed, www.ena.org. Accessed Jun 2014.
- 15.Boffard KD, editor. Manual of Definitive Surgical Trauma Care (DSTC). 3rd ed. London: Hodder; 2011.Google Scholar
- 16.Kovacs G, Law JA. Airway management in emergencies. Connecticut: Peoples Publishing House; 2011.Google Scholar
- 17.Cooper C, Hardcastle TC. Prospective randomised trial of a new chest drain device. S Afr J Surg. 2006;44(4):132–5.Google Scholar
- 23.Brain Trauma Foundation. Guidelines for the management of severe traumatic brain injury, 3rd ed, 2007. Available from www.braintrauma.org/coma-guidelines. Accessed Jun 2014.
© Springer India 2016