Anaphylaxis is a generalised reaction. However, its effect on skin and mucosal changes, hypotension and respiratory compromise are noteworthy.
KeywordsFood Allergen Atopic Disease World Allergy Organization Mucosal Change Hereditary Angioedema
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Johansson SG, Bieber T, Dahl R, Friedmann PS, Lanier BQ, Lockey RF, Motala C, Ortega Martell JA, Platts-Mills TA, Ring J, Thien F, Van Cauwenberge P, Williams HC. Revised nomenclature for allergy for global use: report of the nomenclature review committee of the WAO. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;113(5):832–6.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 2.Simons FE, Ardusso LR, Dimov V, Ebisawa M, El-Gamal YM, Lockey RF, Sanchez-Borges M, Senna GE, Sheikh A, Thong BY, Worm M, World Allergy Organization. World Allergy Organization anaphylaxis guidelines: 2013 update of the evidence base. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2013;162:193–204.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 3.National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (2011) Anaphylaxis: assessment to confirm an anaphylactic episode and the decision to refer after emergency treatment for a suspected anaphylactic episode. NICE guideline (CG134). https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg134/chapter/introduction.
- 4.World Allergy Organization Guidelines for the Assessment and Management of Anaphylaxis, World Allergy Organization Journal, 2010; 4(2):13–37.Google Scholar
- 5.Simons FE, Ardusso LR, Bilò MB, El-Gamal YM, Ledford DK, Ring J, Sanchez-Borges M, Senna GE, Sheikh A, Thong BY. World Allergy Organization guidelines for the assessment and management of anaphylaxis; a position paper. WAO J. 2011;4:13–37.Google Scholar
- 6.Lockey RF. Disease summaries: anaphylaxis. Synopsis. 2012; Sept (e). http://www.worldallergy.org/professional/allergic_diseases_center/anaphylaxis/anaphylaxissynopsis.php.
- 7.Kaplan MS. Corridor consult: anaphylaxis. Permanente J. 2007;11(3):53–6.Google Scholar
- 8.Ferreira MB. Early anaphylaxis recognition: when is an itch not just an itch. WAO Clin Allergy Tips. 2014. http://www.worldallergy.org/UserFiles/file/WAO-Clinical-Allergy-Tips-Early-Anaphylaxis-Recognition.pdf
- 9.Soar J, Pumphrey R, Cant A, Clarke S, Corbett A, Dawson P, Ewan P, Foëx B, Gabbott D, Griffiths M, Hall J, Harper N, Jewkes F, Maconochie I, Mitchell S,Nasser S, Nolan J, Rylance G, Sheikh A, Unsworth DJ, Warrell D. Working Group of the Resuscitation Council (UK).Emergency Treatment of Anaphylactic Reactions: Guidelines for Healthcare Providers. Resuscitation. 2008;77(2):157–69.Google Scholar
© Springer India 2016