Trade and Protectionism—The Emerging Role for G20
In 2008, there was a real risk of an upsurge in trade and investment protectionist measures, as governments sought to protect their economies from being ravaged by the financial crisis.
KeywordsMultilateral Trade Multilateral Trade Talk Protectionist Pressure Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Regional Trading Arrangement
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Evenett SJ (2013) What restraint? Five years of G20 Pledges on Trade–The 14th GTA Report. http://www.globaltradealert.org/sites/default/files/GTA14_0.pdf
- G20 (2008) Declaration summit in the financial market and the world economy, November 15, 2008. https://www.g20.org/sites/default/files/g20_resources/library/Washington_Declaraton_0.pdf
- G20 (2010) The Seoul summit document-framework for strong, sustainable and balanced growth. https://www.g20.org/sites/default/files/g20_resources/library/Seoul_Summit_Document_0.pdf
- WTO (2013) Dispute settlement: chronological list of disputes cases http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/dispu_status_e.htm. Accessed on 16 September 2013
- WTO/OMS, OECD and UNCTAD (2013) Reports on G20 trade and investment measures (Mid-May 2013 to Mid-November 2013), Dec 18, 2013. http://www.oecd.org/investment/10thG20TradeInvestment.pdf
© Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations 2016