Trauma and Pregnancy
Trauma as such is a disaster, and, during pregnancy, it is more dangerous for both the mother and baby and poses a special challenge to emergency department. Trauma during pregnancy may be caused by accidents, homicide, or other violent events
KeywordsInferior Vena Cava Disseminate Intravascular Coagulation Blunt Trauma Pelvic Fracture Seat Belt
- 1.Chapter 42. Critical care and trauma. In: Cunningham F, Leveno K, Bloom S, Hauth J, Rouse D, Spong C, editors. Williams obstetrics. 23rd ed. 2010. p. 926–45.Google Scholar
- 2.Desjardins G. Management of the injured pregnant patient. 2014. http://www.trauma.org/archive/resus/pregnancytrauma.html.
- 5.Queensland Clinical Guidelines, Trauma in pregnancy. guideline no MN14.31-V1-R19, Queensland Health. Feb 2014. Available from: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/qcg/.
- 7.Rudra A, Ray A, Chatterjee S, et al. Trauma in pregnancy. Indian J Anaesth. 2007;51(2):100–5.Google Scholar
- 8.Schwaitzberg SD. Trauma and pregnancy. 2013. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/796979-overview.
- Barraco RD, et al. Diagnosis and management of injury in the pregnant patient: the East Practice Management Guideline Work Group. 2005. Copyright the eastern association of surgery for trauma.Google Scholar
- Brown HL. Trauma in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;114(1):147–60.Google Scholar
- Bryan CA, et al. Beyond the basics: trauma during pregnancy. EMS Mag. 2009;38(2):52–5. EMS World.com.Google Scholar
- Hill CC, Pickinpaugh J. Trauma and surgical emergencies in the obstetric patient. Surg Clin North Am. 2008;88(2):421–40.Google Scholar
- Roemer, Katz, Becerra, Ogburn, Bowes, Roemer B. Trauma in the obstetric patient: a bedside tool. 2014. Americal College of Emergency Physicians. www.acep.org.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Maternal collapse in pregnancy and puerperium. 2011. www.rcog.org.uk. Green-top Guideline No. 56.
- Shah AJ, Kilcline BA. Trauma in pregnancy. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2003;21:615–29.Google Scholar
- South Australian Perinatal Practice Guidelines Trauma in pregnancy (abdominal). Department of Health, Government of South Australia; 2010. ISBN no. 948-1-74242-164–2.Google Scholar
- State trauma guidelines for the management of injured pregnant women. Govt. of Western Australia Department of Health; 2012.Google Scholar
- Women and newborn health service, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Clinical guidelines. DPMS Ref: 8864. 2014.Google Scholar