Trauma and Pregnancy
Trauma as such is a disaster, and, during pregnancy, it is more dangerous for both the mother and baby and poses a special challenge to emergency department. Trauma during pregnancy may be caused by accidents, homicide, or other violent events
KeywordsInferior Vena Cava Disseminate Intravascular Coagulation Blunt Trauma Pelvic Fracture Seat Belt
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Chapter 42. Critical care and trauma. In: Cunningham F, Leveno K, Bloom S, Hauth J, Rouse D, Spong C, editors. Williams obstetrics. 23rd ed. 2010. p. 926–45.Google Scholar
- 2.Desjardins G. Management of the injured pregnant patient. 2014. http://www.trauma.org/archive/resus/pregnancytrauma.html.
- 5.Queensland Clinical Guidelines, Trauma in pregnancy. guideline no MN14.31-V1-R19, Queensland Health. Feb 2014. Available from: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/qcg/.
- 7.Rudra A, Ray A, Chatterjee S, et al. Trauma in pregnancy. Indian J Anaesth. 2007;51(2):100–5.Google Scholar
- 8.Schwaitzberg SD. Trauma and pregnancy. 2013. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/796979-overview.
- Barraco RD, et al. Diagnosis and management of injury in the pregnant patient: the East Practice Management Guideline Work Group. 2005. Copyright the eastern association of surgery for trauma.Google Scholar
- Brown HL. Trauma in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;114(1):147–60.Google Scholar
- Bryan CA, et al. Beyond the basics: trauma during pregnancy. EMS Mag. 2009;38(2):52–5. EMS World.com.Google Scholar
- Hill CC, Pickinpaugh J. Trauma and surgical emergencies in the obstetric patient. Surg Clin North Am. 2008;88(2):421–40.Google Scholar
- Roemer, Katz, Becerra, Ogburn, Bowes, Roemer B. Trauma in the obstetric patient: a bedside tool. 2014. Americal College of Emergency Physicians. www.acep.org.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Maternal collapse in pregnancy and puerperium. 2011. www.rcog.org.uk. Green-top Guideline No. 56.
- Shah AJ, Kilcline BA. Trauma in pregnancy. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2003;21:615–29.Google Scholar
- South Australian Perinatal Practice Guidelines Trauma in pregnancy (abdominal). Department of Health, Government of South Australia; 2010. ISBN no. 948-1-74242-164–2.Google Scholar
- State trauma guidelines for the management of injured pregnant women. Govt. of Western Australia Department of Health; 2012.Google Scholar
- Women and newborn health service, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Clinical guidelines. DPMS Ref: 8864. 2014.Google Scholar
© Springer India 2016