DWT–SVD-Based Watermarking Scheme Using Optimization Technique
In this paper, a watermarking scheme has been proposed for embedding a digital watermark in images. The process of inserting a watermark is carried out in invisible mode. The proposed watermarking algorithm utilizes particle swarm optimization technique to obtain the scaling and embedding factors which are required to carry out the watermarking process, thus the proposed methodology is adaptive. The embedding and extraction processes are carried out using discrete wavelet transform and singular value decomposition (SVD) techniques. The proposed scheme finds application in curbing the copyright infringement of images by inserting an invisible watermark in the image, which can be colour or greyscale. The watermarked images are tested with various attacks in order to ensure the robustness of the proposed technique. The results obtained are tabulated to verify and prove the efficiency of the proposed technique.
KeywordsDigital watermarking Discrete wavelet transform Invisible Particle swarm optimization Singular value decomposition
The authors would like to thank VIT University for permitting us to make use of the facilities for implementing and testing this work.
- 1.Chen YC, Yu WY, Feng JC. A digital watermarking based on discrete fractional Fourier transformation DWT and SVD. In: 24th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), 2012. IEEE; 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.Kankanhalli MS, Ramakrishnan KR. Adaptive visible watermarking of images. In: IEEE international conference on multimedia computing and systems, 1999. IEEE; 1999. vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 4.Manoharan JS, Vijila KC Dr, Sathesh A. Performance analysis of spatial and frequency domain multiple data embedding techniques towards Geometric attacks. Int J Sec (IJS) 2010;4 3:28–37.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang B et al. An image watermarking algorithm based on DWT DCT and SVD. In: IEEE international conference on network infrastructure and digital content, 2009. IC-NIDC 2009. IEEE; 2009.Google Scholar
- 6.Van Schyndel RG, Tirkel AZ, Osborne CF. A digital watermark. In: IEEE international conference image processing, 1994. Proceedings. ICIP-94. IEEE; 1994. vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 7.Manoharan S. An efficient reversible data embedding approach in medical images for health care management. 2013.Google Scholar
- 8.Yinghui P. Digital watermarking particle swarm optimization based on multi-wavelet. J Converg Inf Technol. 2010;5 3.Google Scholar
- 12.Roychowdhury M, Sarkar S, Laha S, Sarkar S. Efficient digital watermarking based on SVD and PSO with multiple scaling factor. In: Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on Frontiers of Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications (FICTA) 2014. Springer International Publishing; 2015. p. 791–6.Google Scholar
- 14.Ansari IA, Pant M. SVD watermarking: particle swarm optimization of scaling factors to increase the quality of watermark. In: Proceedings of fourth international conference on soft computing for problem solving. Springer India; 2015. p. 205–14.Google Scholar