Design and Analysis of Dual Band, DGS Integrated Compact Microstrip Antenna
A dual band rectangular microstrip patch antenna is proposed with novel defects introduced in the ground plane. Initially a plain rectangular microstrip antenna is designed which is resonant at 5.2 GHz i.e. the first WLAN band. With the introduction of two spiral angular defective ground structure, the microstrip antenna is found to be resonant simultaneously at 2.4 GHz i.e. the Bluetooth band and 5.8 GHz i.e. the second WLAN band. The different parameters of the microstrip antenna, such as the return loss, gain and impedance variations are extensively studied. Thus the proposed microstrip antenna behaves as compact, as well as a dual frequency band operated antenna.
KeywordsRadiation Pattern Ground Plane Microstrip Antenna Dual Band Microstrip Patch Antenna
The authors appreciate the support of the faculty members of Institute of Engineering and Management, Salt Lake and acknowledge the contribution of all concerned.
- 1.Chakraborty S, Pal S, Chakraborty M (2014) High performance DGS based compact microstrip patch antenna. In: Proceedings of 1st international science & technology congress 2014. Elsevier Publications 2014, Amsterdam, pp 404–409. ISBN 9789351072485Google Scholar
- 2.Panusa S, Kumar M (2014) MultiBand U-slot microstrip patch antenna with defective ground base. Int J Electron Electr Eng 7(10):1127–1132. ISSN 0974-2174Google Scholar
- 3.Singh G, Kaur J (2014) Design a multiband rectangular ring antenna using DGS for WLAN, WiMAX applications. Int J Adv Res Comput Commun Eng 3Google Scholar
- 4.Jadon BS, Vijay R, Nagar M (2014) Compact octagonal multiband slotted patch antenna with defective ground structure. PISER14 02(04/06):167–171Google Scholar
- 5.Shah SIH, Bashir S, Dildar Hussain Shah S (2014) Compact multiband microstrip patch antenna using defected ground structure (DGS). In: 8th European conference on antennas and propagation (EuCAP), April 2014, pp 2367–2370Google Scholar
- 6.Sharma PK, Jadaun VS (2012) Multi-band rectangular microstrip patch antenna with defected ground structure and a metallic strip. Int J Technol Explor Learn (IJTEL) 1(1): 29–31Google Scholar
- 7.Chakraborty M, Rana B, Sarkar PP, Das A (2012) Design and analysis of a compact rectangular microstrip antenna with slots using defective ground structure. Elsevier Sci Direct Proc Technol 4:411–416Google Scholar
- 8.Chakraborty M, Rana B, Sarkar PP, Das A (2012) Size reduction of a rectangular microstrip patch antenna with slots and defected ground structure. Int J Electron Eng 4(1):61–64Google Scholar
- 9.Balanis C (2012) Antenna theory analysis and design, 3rd edn. Wiley, New York Google Scholar