Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Switched Reluctance Motor Drives in MATLAB/Simulink Atmosphere with Estimation of SRM Parameters Using Finite Element Analysis
This manuscript deals with modeling and performance analysis of switched reluctance motor drive using MATLAB. The per phase equivalent circuit of switched reluctance motor (SRM) which includes voltage, current, torque, and electro-mechanical equations is used to build the mathematical model of SRM drives. Finite element analysis (FEA-Version 4.2) is used to predict the torque produced at various currents and rotor positions as well as to calculate the phase inductances. With the aid of the developed model, characteristics of speed and torque in addition to voltages and currents of SRM can be efficiently examined and evaluated. This proposed model can be projected to trouble-free design tool for the development of SRM drives.
KeywordsRotor Position Flux Linkage BLDC Motor Switch Reluctance Motor Voltage Equation
- 1.R. Krishnan, Switched Reluctance Motor Drive, Modeling, Simulation, Analysis, Design and Application (CRC Press, New York, 2001)Google Scholar
- 2.A. Guettaf, F. Chabane, A. Arif, S. Benramache, Dynamic modeling in a switched reluctance motor SRM using finite elements. J. Power Technol. 93(3), 149–153 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.J. Faiz, S. Pakdelian, Finite-element analysis of a switched reluctance motor under static eccentricity fault. IEEE Trans. Magn. 42(8), 2004 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.F. Kentli, H. Calik, Matlab-Simulink modelling of 6/4 SRM with static data produced using finite element method. 8(6) (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.H.E. Akhter, V.K. Sharma, K.A. Haddad, Determination of optimum switching angle for speed control of switched reluctance motor drive system. Ind. J. Eng. Mater. Sci. 11, 151–168 (2004)Google Scholar