Delhi Airport Metro Line: Aborted Takeoff?
The high-speed rail link between New Delhi’s upgraded and enlarged Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport and the city center was forecast to ferry 40,000 passengers each day, on average. The proposed “Aerocity,” the city-side development at the airport, was vitally important to drive passenger volumes. Retail businesses at stations and advertisements on trains, platforms, etc., were to garner significant portions of projected revenues. Retail and promotion-related revenues, in turn, depended on passenger numbers which averaged about 25–30 % of original estimates.
KeywordsSmart Card Civil Structure National Capital Region Metro Line Private Partner
- Chakravartty A (2012) High-speed derailment. Down to Earth. http://www.downtoearth.org.in/content/high-speed-derailment. Accessed 20 Aug 2013
- Das M (2013) Delhi airport metro line debacle: the way forward. Hindu Bus Line, p 5Google Scholar
- Dash DK (2013) Airport metro express line may become part of Alwar link. The Times of India. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-09-04/india/41764664_1_airport-metro-express-line-delhi-metro-ud-ministry. Accessed 11 Sept 2013
- Delhi Metro (2013) Delhi Metro Rail Corp Takes Charge of Airport Line www.rediff.com. http://www.rediff.com/money/report/delhi-metro-rail-corp-takes-charge-of-airport-express-line/20130702.htm. Accessed 11 Sept 2013
- DMRC (2013) DMRC plans to monetize space on airport express line. The Financial Express http://www.financialexpress.com/news/dmrc-plans-to-monetise-space-on-airport-express-line/1157333
- Haidar F (2013) CISF to sell equipment to recover 16 crore dues. Hindustan Times. http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/CISF-to-sell-equipment-to-recover-16-crore-dues/Article1-1119403.aspx. Accessed 11 Sept 2013
- Reliance Infra (2013) Reliance Infra Annual Report for the year April 2012—March 2013. http://www.rinfra.com/pdf/RINFRA_Full%20AR_2012-13_010813.pdf, p 52, 98, 137. Accessed 11 Sept 2013
- Roychowdhury A, Chakravartty A (2013) Profitable exit. Down to Earth. http://www.downtoearth.org.in/content/profitable-exit. Accessed 10 Aug 2013
- Singh P (2013) Measures a foot to increase airport metro ridership. The Pioneer. http://www.dailypioneer.com/city/measures-afoot--to-increase-airport-metro-ridership.html. Accessed 11 Sept 2013