Regional Climate Projections
Regional climate projections are required to further downscale the results provided by Atmosphere-Ocean Global Circulation Models (AOGCM) from the global scale grid size to the mesoscale grid size used in ILWRM application for mesoscale and macroscale river basins. The results provided from this climate modelling study were inputs into the hydrological modelling exercises done by the means of DANUBIA hydrological river basin model.
KeywordsSouth Asian Summer Monsoon Regional Climate Projection Climate Modelling Study Time Slice Experiment Brahmaputra River Basin
- Benestad RE, Hanssen-Bauer I, Chen D (2008) Empirical-statistical downscaling. World Scientific, Singapore, p 228. ISBN: 978-981-281-912-3Google Scholar
- Dobler A, Ahrens B (2008) Precipitation by a regional climate model and bias correction in Europe and South-Asia. Meteorol Z 17(4):499–509Google Scholar
- IPCC (2000) Special report on emissions scenarios. A special report of Working Group III of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 27 p. In: Nakicenovic N, Swart R (eds) Cambridge University Press, London. http://www.ipcc.ch/ipccreports/sres/emission/index.php?idp=0
- Kothe S, Dobler A, Beck A, Ahrens B (2011) The radiation budget in a regional climate model. Clim Dyn 36(5–6):1023–1036. doi:10.1007/s00382-009-0733-2Google Scholar
- Kumar KR, Sahai AK, Kumar KK, Patwardhan SK, Mishra PK, Revadekar JV, Kamaka K, Pant CB (2006) High-resolution climate change scenarios for India for the 21st century. Curr Sci 90(3):334–345Google Scholar