Kinetics of the Complex Plasmas Having Dust with a Size Distribution
The fact that the dust particles in complex plasmas, occurring in nature, laboratory and engineering are not of the same size, but have a size distribution that has been known for a long time, but relatively few papers on the kinetics of the complex plasmas having a size distribution have been published. In this Chapter an approach, based on number/energy balance of constituents, charge balance of the particles, ionization/deionization mechanisms and Mie scattering have been given.
KeywordsDust Particle Mathematica Software Number Balance Kappa Distribution Steady State Kinetic
- 5.J.A. Burns, M.R. Showalter, G.M. Morfill, The Ethereal Rings of Jupiter and Saturn in Planetary Rings, ed. by R. Greenberg, A. Braphic (The University of Arizona Press, Tuscon, 1984), p. 200Google Scholar
- 8.B.T. Draine, B. Sutin, Astrophys. J. 320, 803 (1987)Google Scholar
- 12.J.S. Mathis, W. Rumpl, K.H. Nordsieek, Astrophys. J. 217, 425 (1977)Google Scholar
- 15.M. Shafiq, Doctoral thesis on Test charge response of a dusty plasma with grain size distribution and charging dynamics, Space and Plasma Physics, School of Electrical Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, 2006Google Scholar
- 17.M.S. Sodha, S. Guha, Physics of Colloidal Plasma, Adv. Plasma Phys., ed. by A. Simon, W.B. Thomas. Interscience, vol 4 (Wiley, New york, 1971), p. 219Google Scholar