ECG Acquisition in a Computer
Most of the modern electrocardiogram recording systems in a clinical setup use a desktop computer as the final data acquisition element.
KeywordsInput Stage Serial Port National Electrical Manufacturer Association Serial Communication National Electrical Manufacturer Association
Paper  is the contribution from Biomedical Signal acquisition and Processing Research Group at Department of Applied Physics, University of Calcutta, India.
- 1.Plonsey R, Barr RC. Bioelectricity: a quantitative approach. 3rd ed. NY, USA: Springer; 2007.Google Scholar
- 2.Schamroth L. An introduction to electrocardiography. 7th ed. Cambridge: Blackwell Science; 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.Hampton JR. ECG made easy. 7th ed. UK: Churchill Livingstone; 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.Huhta JH, Webster JG. 60 Hz interference in electrocardiography. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 1973;BME-20(2):91–101.Google Scholar
- 8.Chaudhury S, Pawar TD, Duttagupta S. Ambulation analysis in wearable ECG. New York: Springer; 2009.Google Scholar
- 9.Prutchi D, Norris M. Design and development of medical electronic instrumentation: a practical perspective of the design, construction, and test of medical devices. New Jersey: Wiley Interscience; 2005.Google Scholar
- 13.Webster JG, ed. Measurement, sensors and instrumentation handbook. New York: CRC press LLC.Google Scholar
- 15.Krabbe H. A high-performance monolithic instrumentation amplifier. IEEE international conference in solid-state circuits XIV, 17–19 Feb 1971. Pennsylvania, pp. 186–187.Google Scholar
- 18.Webster JG, ed. Medical instrumentation: application and design. 4th ed. New York: Wiley; 2010.Google Scholar
- 19.Wong A, Pun KP, Zhang YP, Choy CS. An ECG measurement IC circuit using driven right leg circuit. IEEE international symposium on circuits and systems 2006, 21–24 May 2006. Greece, pp. 345–348.Google Scholar
- 20.Medical electrical equipment–part 1: general requirements for basic safety and essential performance from international electrotechnical commission website.Google Scholar
- 21.Bronzino JD, ed. The biomedical engineering handbook. 2nd ed. New York: CRC Press LLC.Google Scholar
- 22.Data sheet of transformer-coupled hybrid isolation amplifier model 3656.Google Scholar
- 23.Clare Inc liner Optocouplers 110 data sheet.Google Scholar
- 26.Axelson J. Serial port complete: COM Ports, USB virtual COM ports, and ports for embedded systems. 2nd ed. Madison, WI: Lakeview Research LLC.Google Scholar
- 27.PhysioNet database. http://www.physionet.org/.
- 28.Schwarzenberg GF, Zapf M, Ruiter NV. A MATLAB GUI for the analysis and exploration of signal and image of an ultrasound computer tomograph, in: first international conference on advances in computer-human interaction (ACHI-2008), 10–15 Feb 2008. Sent Luce, Martinique, pp. 53–58.Google Scholar
- 29.Chaibi S, Bouet R, Jung J, Lajnef T, Samet L, Bertrand O, KAchouri A, Jerbi K. Development of matlab-based graphical user interface (GUI) for detection of high frequency oscillations (HFOs) in epileptic patients. IEEE international conference on emerging signal processing applications (ESPA), 12–14 Jan 2012. Las Vegas, USA, pp. 56–62.Google Scholar