Cost Contested: Perceptions Versus Reality
The correct utilisation of the tax payer’s money has always been the most passionately debated subject internationally. Particularly, during various deliberates on issues concerning the investment in space technologies, this concern always gets reflected equally for the developed states like the United States and also for the developing states like India.
KeywordsSpace Exploration Space Science Space Programme Martian Soil Mars Mission
- 1.http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Space_exploration. Accessed on Jan 10, 2013.
- 2.Can space research be justified nowadays? 13 Nov 2011, http://cjcpig.wordpress.com/2011/11/13/can-space-research-be-justified-nowadays/. Accessed on Dec 14, 2013.
- 4.Dockter J. An open letter to Felix Baumgartner, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jake-dockter/felix-baumgartner-mars_b_2056635.html. Accessed on Mar 10, 2013.
- 5.Young RM. Mental space. London: Process Press Ltd; 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture. Accessed on Mar 20, 2013.
- 7.Smith CHL. The use of basic science: benefits of basic science, http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/about/BasicScience3-en.html. Accessed on Jan 23, 2013.
- 8.http://spinoff.nasa.gov/pdf/Mar_web.pdf. Accessed on Mar 20, 2013.
- 9.Plait P. This is why we invest in science, 21 Mar 2012, http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2012/03/21/this-is-why-we-invest-in-science-this/. Accessed on Dec 12, 2013.
- 11.Giri C. Gaining from space, http://www.gatewayhouse.in/publication/gateway-house/features/gaining-space. Accessed on Feb 10, 2013.
- 12.PM justifies investments in space science, Deccan Herald, Sep 9, 2012.Google Scholar
- 13.Ramachandran S. India sets its sights on Mars, 19 Apr 2007, http://atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/ID19Df02.html. Accessed on Jan 10, 2013.
- 14.Laxman S. Mars beckons India. New Delhi: Vigyan Prasar; 2013. p. 5.Google Scholar