Part of the SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology book series (BRIEFSAPPLSCIENCES)
Mars Missions: Past, Present and Future
Since 1960s various missions to study Mars have been launched. Few recently launched missions are still active and are providing useful, relevant and unknown information about various aspects of Mars.
KeywordsLanding Site Martian Atmosphere Martian Surface Mars Express Mars Science Laboratory
- 1.http://www.planetary.org/explore/space-topics/space-missions/missions-to-mars.html. Accessed Jan 2, 2013.
- 2.http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/programmissions/missions/past/mariner89/. Accessed Dec 9, 2012.
- 3.http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/viking.html. Accessed Dec 9, 2012.
- 4.http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/MPF/. Accessed Dec 9, 2012.
- 5.http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/mgs/mgs-20070413.html. Accessed Feb 12, 2013.
- 6.Mapping Mars. Feb 06, 2013. http://www.marsdaily.com/reports/Mapping_Mars_999.html. Accessed Feb 26, 2013.
- 7.Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) Spacecraft. (http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/). Dec 9, 2012.
- 8.Nancy Neal Jones. Final MAVEN instrument integrated to spacecraft. Apr 5, 2013. http://www.marsdaily.com/reports/Final_MAVEN_Instrument_Integrated_to_Spacecraft_999.html. Accessed Apr 6, 2013.
- 9.http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/maven/news/magnetometer.html. Accessed Apr 14, 2013.
- 11.http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/maven/news/magnetometer.html. Accessed Apr 14, 2013.
- 12.NASA Invites Public to Send Names and Messages to Mars. May 03, 2013. http://www.marsdaily.com/reports/NASA_Invites_Public_to_Send_Names_And_Messages_to_Mars_999.html. Accessed May 4, 2013.
- 13.http://www.spacenews.com/article/europe-pinning-its-exomars-hopes-patchwork-funding-sources#.UVu52HbrbIU. Accessed March 10, 2013.
- 15.Bill Douthitt, http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/02/130228-manned-mission-mars-psychology-space-science/. Accessed Mar 6, 2013.
- 16.Gebhardt C. Boeing outlines technology for crewed Mars missions. Jan 18, 2013. http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2013/01/boeing-outlines-technology-crewed-mars-missions/. Accessed Mar 10, 2013.
- 17.Sam Webb. The humans who are exploring ‘Mars’ already—researchers in space suits recreate red planet base in the Utah desert. 12 March 2013. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2291725/Humans-exploring-Mars-Amazing-pictures-mission-simulation-base-UTAH.html#ixzz2NJS90ln5. Accessed Mar 12, 2013.
- 18.Davies P, Schulze-Makuch D, editors. A one way mission to Mars colonizing the red planet. Cambridge: Cosmology Science Publishers; 2011.Google Scholar
- 19.Prigg M. Marrows on Mars: China reveals plans to grow vegetables in extra-terrestrial bases. Dec 4, 2012. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2242792/Marrows-Mars-China-reveals-plans-grow-vegetables-extra-terrestrial-bases.html. Accessed Jan 2, 2013.
© The Author(s) 2014