Part of the SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology book series (BRIEFSAPPLSCIENCES)
Outer space (is also simply called as “space”) has always caught humans’ imagination.
KeywordsOuter Space Science Fiction Deep Space Indian Space Research Organisation Outer Space Activity
- 1.Pike J, Stambler E. Space Power Interests. In: Hayes P, Westview Press, Oxford. 1996; p.31.Google Scholar
- 2.A task group report titled space science in the 21st Century, National Academy Press, Washington. 1998; pp. 1–72.Google Scholar
- 3.Launius RD. Frontiers of Space Exploration. London: Greenwood Press; 1998. p. 29–38.Google Scholar
- 4.http://io9.com/5024619/aldrin-blames-lack-of-interest-in-space-program-on-science-fiction, accessed on Apr 20, 2013.
- 6.http://www.digipac.ca/chemical/mtom/contents/chapter1/marsfacts.htm, accessed on Dec 15, 2012.
- 7.http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deep+space, accessed on Dec 20, 2012.
- 8.The Copernican model of the planetary system—the heliocentric model, http://muse.tau.ac.il/museum/galileo/heliocentric.html, accessed on Oct 25, 2012.
- 9.For various historical anecdotes may refer to William Sheehan, The planet mars: A history of observation and discovery, 1996.Google Scholar
© The Author(s) 2014