Vibration Analysis of a Constant Speed and Constant Pitch Wind Turbine
In order to increase the reliability of the rotating machineries like rotor, gear box, high speed shaft, low speed shaft, generator, and yaw of wind turbine (WT), it is important to monitor the vibration level. The key aim of the paper is to study the vibration characteristics experienced in the 400 kW WT at different load and operating conditions. The experimental vibration analysis of WT components is done and vibration characteristic curves are generated with the help of data acquisition software. These vibration characteristic curves are studied and observations made from them for their severity and effects are analyzed. Some indispensable recommendations have been given for vibration control.
KeywordsWind Turbine Vibration Analysis Gear Tooth Vibration Level Replacement Cost
- 1.Sunder Selwyn T, Kesavan R (2011) Computation of reliability and birnbaum importance of components of a wind turbine at high uncertain wind. Int J Comput Appl 32(4):42–49Google Scholar
- 2.Li Y (2011) Discussion on the principles of wind turbine condition monitoring system. Int Conf Mater Renew Energy Environ 1:621–624Google Scholar
- 3.Yang W, Tavner PJ, Crabtree CJ (2009) An intelligent approach to the condition monitoring of large scale wind turbines. In: European wind energy conference, Marseille, pp 1–8Google Scholar
- 5.Hau E (2006) Wind turbines fundamentals technologies application economics, 2nd edn. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 7.Cruden A, Booth C, Leithead W, Swiszcz G (1996) A data acquisition platform for the development of a wind turbine condition monitoring system. In: Proceedings of IEEE international symposium on product and quality and integrity, reliability and maintainability symposium, pp 30–36Google Scholar