A Review of “Ramanujan: Letters and Commentary”
This is a review of the book “Ramanujan: Letters and Commentary” by Bruce Berndt and Robert Rankin, which analyzes in detail from a mathematical, historical, and social point of view, letters written to, from and about Ramanujan.
KeywordsInfinite Series Arithmetical Function Lost Notebook Additive Number Theory Probabilistic Number Theory
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.B.C. Berndt, Ramanujan’s Notebooks, Part I (Springer, New York, 1985). Part II (1989), Part III (1991), Part IV (1994), Part V (to appear) Google Scholar
- 2.G.H. Hardy, Ramanujan (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1940) Google Scholar
- 3.S. Kanigel, The Man Who Knew Infinity (Charles Scribners, New York, 1991) Google Scholar
- 4.S. Ramanujan, Collected Papers (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1927) Google Scholar
- 5.S. Ramanujan, Notebooks (2 Volumes) (Tata Institute, Bombay, 1957) Google Scholar
- 6.S. Ramanujan, The Lost Notebook and Other Unpublished Papers (Narosa, New Delhi, 1987) Google Scholar
© Springer India 2013