Indic Language Translation in CLIR Using Virtual Keyboard
Natural Language is the primary medium for human communication. Function of a Natural Language (NL) is to communicate semantic content of its expressions directly to unravel this task we used the notion of Virtual Keyboards. Virtual Keyboards are commonly used as an on-screen input method in devices with no physical keyboard. This paper presents the usage of Virtual Keyboards the aim is to build a machine that could communicate in Natural Language particularly for Kannada to Telugu and vice-versa. It is designed using Unicode Character Set “UTF-8”, achieves Translation of characters, words and sentences from source language text to target language. We have built the Bilingual Dictionary for Kannada-Telugu which consists around 1000 words. The experimental results and their performance are analyzed using Precision and Recall as described in this paper.
KeywordsMachine Translation Target Language Corpus Size Query Translation Virtual Keyboard
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Daelemans, W., Sima’an, K., Veenstra, J., Zavrel, J.(eds): Different Approaches to Cross Language information Retrieval, number 37 in Language and Computers: Studies in Practical Linguistics, Amsterdam, Rodopi (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Reddy, M.V., Hanumanthappa, M.: Dictionary Based Word Translation in CLIR Us-ing Cohesion Method. In: Proceedings of the 6th National Conference; INDIACom 2012 Computing For Nation Development, February 23-24, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management, New Delhi (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Homiedan, A.H.: Machine TranslationGoogle Scholar
- 4.The Karnataka Official Language Act". Official website of Department of Parliamentary Affairs and Legislation. Government of Karnataka (2007) (retrieved June 29, 2007) Google Scholar
- 6.Reddy, M.V., Hanumanthappa, M.: CLIR Project (English to Kannada and Telugu), http://bangaloreuniversitydictionary-menu.asp
- 8.Pingali, P., Varma, V.: Hindi and Telugu to English Cross Language Information Retrieval at CLEF 2006. In: Working Notes for the CLEF 2006 Workshop (Cross Language Adhoc Task), Alicante, Spain, September 20-22 (2006)Google Scholar