VLSI Architecture of Spread Sprectrum Image Watermarking Decoder
Multifarious techniques have been adopted in the field of image watermarking which offers some desirable characteristics to the watermarked image. In this paper, the combined technique of channel coding and Spread Spectrum modulation has been exerted to implement the proposed image watermarking algorithm. A block based spatial domain watermarking scheme for digital image using Spread Spectrum has been employed for the implementation of the algorithm. In practice, with the help of pseudo random noise the binary watermark image has been distributed using channel coding and spatial bi-phase modulation technique. With the extensive use of Spread spectrum modulation technique the security issues related to image watermarking can be effectively dealt with, and at the same time robustness and imperceptibility of watermarked image can be enhanced appreciably. VLSI implementation using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) has been developed the decoding portions of the algorithm.
KeywordsField Programmable Gate Array Cover Image Image Watermark Spread Spectrum Watermark Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ghosh, S., Ray, P., Maity, S.P., Rahaman, H.: Spread Spectrum Image Watermarking with Digital Design. In: IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC 2009), pp. 868–873 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Special issue on copyright and privacy protection. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication (JSCA) 16(4) (May 1998) Google Scholar
- 3.Special issue on enabling security technologies for digital right management. Proceedings of IEEE 92(6) (June 2004) Google Scholar
- 6.Maity, S.P., Kundu, M.K., Das, T.S.: Robust SS Watermarking with improved capacity. In: Pattern Recognition Letters “Advances in Visual Information Processing”, vol. 28, pp. 350–357. Elsevier (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Maity, S.P., Kundu, M.K.: A blind CDMA image watermarking scheme in wavelet domain. In: Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Proc., Singapore, pp. 2633–2636 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Maity, S.P., Banerjee, A., Abhijit, A., Kundu, M.K.: VLSI design of Spread Spectrum Image Watermarking. In: 13th National Conference on Communications (NCC-2007), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, January 26-28, pp. 251–257 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Maity, S.P., Kundu, M.K., Mandal, M.K.: Performance Improvement in Spread Spectrum Watermarking via M-band Wavelets and N-ary Modulation. In: IET International Conference Visual Informal Engineering (VIE 2006), September 26-28, pp. 35–40 (2006)Google Scholar