Cuckoo Search for Inverse Problems and Topology Optimization
Many inverse problems in engineering can be considered as constrained optimization, while topology optimization is usually very challenging due to its intrinsic link with inverse problems. Under nonlinear complex constraints, it is very time-consuming to solve such topology optimization problems. Now we use cuckoo search algorithm to carry out topology optimization, and results show that distribution of different topological characteristics can be achieved efficiently.
KeywordsInverse Problem Topology Optimization Topology Optimization Problem Cuckoo Search Host Nest
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bendsøe, M.P.: Optimization of Structural Topology. Shape and Material. Springer (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, Piscataway, NJ, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Scales, J.A., Smith, M.L., Treitel, S.: Introductory Geophysical Inverse Theory. Samizdat Press (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Talbi, E.G.: Metaheuristics: From Design to Implementation. John Wiley & Sons (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, X.S.: Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithms. Lunver Press, UK (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Yang, X.S.: Engineering Optimization: An Introduction with Metaheuristic Applications. John Wiley & Sons (2010)Google Scholar