Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference Structure Controller for Rotary Inverted Pendulum
This paper presents the adaptive neuro fuzzy inference (ANFIS) controller for the Rotary inverted pendulum to balance it at it’s the up-right position. The steps for implementation of four input controller is presented and shown that designing of this controller is very simple and at the same time it reduces the time and space complexity of the controller. The controller and the inverted pendulum are simulated in the Matlab Simulink environment with the help of ANFIS editor GUI. Simulation result shows that ANFIS controller is much better in comparison to conventional PID and Fuzzy logic controller in terms of settling time, overshoot and parameter variation.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Controller Fuzzy Inference System Fuzzy Logic Controller Inverted Pendulum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Saber, R.O.: Nonlinear control o f underactuated mechanical systems with application to robotics and aero space vehicles, PhD Thesis. MIT (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Akhtaruzzaman, M., Shafie, A.A.: Modeling and control of a rotary inverted pendulum using various methods, comparative assessment and result analysis. In: International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA), August 4-7, pp. 1342–1347 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Krishen, J., Becerra, V.M.: Efficient fuzzy control of a rotary inverted pendulum based on LQR mapping. In: IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, October 4-6, pp. 2701–2706 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ozbek, N.S., Efe, M.O.: Swing up and stabilization control experiments for a rotary inverted pendulum an educational comparison. Systems Man and Cybernetics (SMC), 2226–2231 (October 2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Khanesar, M.A., Teshnehlab, M., Shoorehdeli, M.A.: Sliding mode control of Rotary Inverted pendulm. In: Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation, MED 2007, June 27-29, pp. 1–6 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Friedland, B.: Control System Design, 2nd edn. McGraw Hill (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Tatikonda, R.C., Battula, V.P., Kumar, V.: Control of inverted pendulum using adaptive neuro fuzzy inference structure (ANFIS). In: Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), May 30-June 2, pp. 1348–1351 (2010)Google Scholar