N-Gram Based Approach to Automatic Tamil Lyric Generation by Identifying Emotion
This paper discusses a tri-gram approach to automatic Tamil lyric generation. The approach is based on identifying the emotion from a given scenario and uses this emotion as a seed word to interpret the context of the scenario. A lyric model based on tri-gram is constructed which is referred using the identified seed word to generate lyrics. The lyric model, tri-gram of words, Tamil sentence rules and suffixes are used by a Morphological generator to generate lyrics. Using this approach we achieved an average accuracy of 74.17% with respect to exact emotion being conveyed in the generated lyrics.
KeywordsLyric Model Semantic Role Grammar Rule Adjacent Line Meaningful Lyric
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Manurung, H.M.: An evolutionary algorithm approach to poetry generation. Institute for Communicating and Collaborative Systems, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Ananth Ramakrishnan, A., Devi, S.L.: An alternate approach to meaningful lyric generation in Tamil. In: Workshop on Computational Approches to Linguistic Creativity, Los Angeles, California (June 2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Suriyah, M., Karky, M., Geetha, T.V., Parthasarathi, R.: Special Indices for LaaLaLaa Lyric Analysis & Generation Framework. Tamil Internet (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Settles, B.: Computational creativity tools for song writers. In: Workshop on Computational Approches to Linguistic Creativity, Los Angeles, California (June 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Lakshmana Pandian, S., Geetha, T.V.: Semantic Role based Tamil Sentence Generator. In: International Conference on Asian Languages Processing (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Anandan, P., Saravanan, K., Parthasarathi, R., Geetha, T.V.: Morphological analyser for Tamil. In: Proceedings of ICON 2002, RCILTS-Tamil Anna University Chennai (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Anandan, P., Parthasarathi, R., Geetha, T.V.: Morphological analyser for Tamil. In: Proceedings of Tamil Inayam Conference, Malaysia, pp. 46–50 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Ranganathan, K., Geetha, T.V., Parthasarathi, R., Karky, M.: Lyric Mining: Word, Rhyme & Concept Co-occurrence Analysis. Tamil Internet (2011)Google Scholar