Space Investments: Southeast Asia
Southeast Asia a humid tropical region is located around the equator and also has various geographic contrasts too. Since the sixteenth century, the region has been under European and Japanese colonisation for many decades. Various countries in the region regained their independent existence approximately four to five decades ago. The region, in general, has been characterised by high economic growth and closer regional integration.
KeywordsCommunication Satellite Space Technology Space Programme Official Development Assistance Satellite Technology
- 1.Vickers A. A history of modern Indonesia. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2005. p. 113.Google Scholar
- 2.Maulia R. Indonesia to increase R&D budget. The Jakarta Post http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/01/22/indonesia-increase-rampd-budget.html. Accessed 1 Sept 2011.
- 3.Djiwatampu A Ph. Braving the challenge of satellite technologies: national breakthroughs and Indonesia’s Role in International Forums http://spacejournal.ohio.edu/issue8/his_arnold1.html. Accessed 12 July 2011.
- 4.Satriastanti FE. Hazy solutions in struggle to stop people burning Indonesia’s forests. 2011 Aug 01. http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/nvironment/hazy-solutions-in-struggle-to-stop-people-burning-indonesias-forests/456366. Accessed 25 Nov 2011.
- 5.Thanhvan T. Vietnam’s first satellite launched after 13-year preparation. 2008 Apr 21. http://www.spacemart.com/reports/Vietnam_First_Satellite_Launched_After_13_Year_Preparation_999.html. Accessed 24 Jul 2011.