Reflections on Corporate Youth
The unfolding of human life takes place in the psychosocial context in which the individual is located. Thus, any attempt to reflect on the psychodynamic aspects of identity of corporate youth must begin with an understanding of the ethos of interlinked growth contexts of family, education and work in neo-liberal high-tech global economy that shape and organise their experiential reality and developmental potential in contemporary times. Following which, the data gleaned from the case material in the foregoing section is reshaped into formulations capturing the subtleties and complexities of the inner psychological make-up of these youth.
KeywordsElite Institution Marketing Orientation Prestigious Institution Psychosocial Context Merit Student
- Deb, S. (2004). The Story of a Remarkable Indian Institution and How Its Alumni Are Reshaping the World. Delhi: Penguin Books.Google Scholar
- Erikson, E. H. (1968). Identity: Youth and crisis. New York: W.W. Norton.Google Scholar
- Fromm, E. (1947). Man for himself: An inquiry into the psychology of ethics. New York: Rinehart and Company.Google Scholar
- Kohut, H. (1971). The analysis of self. New York: International Universities Press.Google Scholar
- Winnicott, D. W. (1971). Playing and reality. London: Routledge.Google Scholar