Water Management in Sustainable Buildings
In Japan, since World War II, better water systems have been developed and the amount of water used has increased rapidly. Nationally, rainfall is relatively plentiful and the cost of water service is not expensive in many regions. So people are not very sensitive about water conservation in regards to buildings. In that context, the main interest of designing the water system in a building has been to assure comfort by determining the proper number of fixtures and the system capacity.
KeywordsWater Usage Water Saving Sewage Pipe Sustainable Building Water Saving Technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2007), “Water resource in Japan”Google Scholar
- The Society of Heating Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan (2001), “Practical knowledge of Sanitary Equipment 2nd Edition”Google Scholar
- The Society of Heating Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan (1997) “Rain Water Utilization System”Google Scholar
- Masayuki MAE et al (2007), “Survey on Actual Hot Water Consumption in Families of Various Sizes Part. 1 Average Amount of Consumption in Each Family Size” Summaries of Technical Papers of Annual Meeting, Architectural Institute of Japan.Google Scholar
- Masayuki MAE et al (2003), “THE ANALYSIS ON THE SEASONAL CHANGE IN USAGE OF HOT AND COLD WATER, The analysis and evaluation on usage of hot and cold water on urban apartment house (Part 1)”, JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (Transaction of AIJ) No. 566, 2003.04Google Scholar
- Motoyasu KAMATA et al. (1993), “ABC of hot water”, TOTO PublishingGoogle Scholar
- Japan Sustainable Building Consortium, “Comprehensive Assessment System for Building Environmental Efficiency CASBEE for New Construction— Technical Manual 2004 Edition”. Institute for Building Environment and Energy Conservation (IBEC)Google Scholar
- Catalogue of TOTO Corporation, 2007Google Scholar
- Takeshi KONDO et al. (2006), “EFFECT OF THERMOSTATIC MIXING FAUCET AND SHOWER HEAD WITH STOP VALVE, Study on performance test of water saving fixture”, JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (Transaction of AIJ) No. 607, 2006.09Google Scholar
- Takeshi KONDO et al (2007), “EFFECT OF WATER SAVING FIXTURE FOR DISHWASHING, Study on performance test of water saving fixture Part 2”, JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (Transaction of AIJ) No. 613, 2007.03Google Scholar