Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 746)
The Discovery of the Parity Violation in Weak Interactions and Its Recent Developments
This address was presented by Chien-ShiungWu as the Nishina Memorial Lecture at the University of Tokyo, March 31, 1983
KeywordsBeta Decay Asymmetry Parameter Parity Violation Bilateral Symmetry Nuclear Polarization
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“Symmetry” by HermannWeyl, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey (1952)Google Scholar
- 2.R. H. Dalitz: Phil. Mag., 44, 1068 (1953)Google Scholar
- 3.C. N. Yang: Selected Papers 1945–1980 with Commentary, Freeman Publishers (1982)Google Scholar
- 7.R. L. Garwin, L. M. Lederman and M. Weinrich: Phys. Rev., 105, 1415 (1957);(in counter experiments) J. I. Friedman and V. L. Telegdi: Phys. Rev., 105, 1681 (1957) (in nuclear emulsions)Google Scholar
- 8.R. H. Dalitz: Rev.Mod. Phys., 31, 823 (1959); Lecture Notes From Varenna Summer School (1959)J. Steinberger: “Experimental Survey of Strange Particle Decays”, Varenna Summer School (1964)Google Scholar
- 9.T. D. Lee and C. N. Yang: Phys. Rev., 105, 1671 (1957) L. Landau: Nuclear Physics, 3, 127 (1957) A. Salam: Nuovo Cimento, 5, 299 (1957) It is interesting to recall that in 1929Weyl (Z. Phys., 56, 330, 1929) proposed the mathematical possibilities of such a two-component massless relativistic particle of spin one-half. It was rejected by Pauli (Handbuch der Physik, Vol. 24, 226–227) because it violated the law of parity.Google Scholar
- 12.H. London: Proc. Int. Conf. on Low Temp Phys. Oxford, p. 157 (1951) H. London, C. R. Clarke and E. Mendoza: Phys. Rev., 128, 1992 (1962)Google Scholar
- 13.L. M. Chirovsky, W. P. Lee, A. M. Sabbas, J. L. Groves and C. S. Wu: Nuclear Inst. and Methods, will be published soon.Google Scholar
- 14.L. M. Chirovsky,W. P. Lee, A. M. Sabbas, J. L. Groves and C. S.Wu: Phys. Lett.,948, 127 (1980)Google Scholar
© Nishina Memorial Foundation 2008