This paper reports on LB films in microstructured gold sandwiches. The active area of these sandwiches are so small that there is a fair chance of finding junctions without pinholes, or of seeing the effects of individual conductive paths. Selected current-voltage characteristics will be shown and discussed in terms of Coulomb staircases, resonant tunneling and molecular rectification.
KeywordsHigh Occupied Molecular Orbital Lower Unoccupied Molecular Orbital Gold Cluster Resonant Tunneling Mono Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For an introduction see: S. Roth, One-Dimensional Physics, VCH Verlag, Weinheim, 1995.Google Scholar
- S. Itoua, PhD Thesis, Toulouse 1995.Google Scholar
- R.M. Metzger: Biomolecular Electronics, ed. by R.R. Birge, American Chemical Society Advances in Chemistry Series 1994, Vol. 240, p. 81.Google Scholar
- B. Su, V.J. Goldman, J. E. Cunningham. Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 36, 400 (1991).Google Scholar
- Iwamoto et al.: to be published.Google Scholar