Spectroscopy Methods for Low-Dimensional Systems
Continuous progress in Solid State Physics and Materials Science has developed through a permanent interplay between theory and experiments in which spectroscopy is taking a major part. Absorption and Reflectivity spectroscopy is a key method for determining band gaps, necessary for establishing of electronic band structures and phonon dispersion relations which are the basic characteristics of materials.
KeywordsLocal Density Approximation Bucky Ball Carbon Tubule Phonon Dispersion Relation Electronic Energy Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.F. Wallis and M. Balkanski, Many Body Aspects of Solid State Spectroscopy, North-Holland (Amsterdam), 1986.Google Scholar
- M. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, R. Saito and P C Ekland, C60-Related Balls and Fibers, in Elementary Excitations in Solids A Special Volume in Honor of Professor Minko Balkanski, edited by J.L. Birman, C. Sébenne and R.F. Wallis, North-Holland (Amsterdam), 1992.Google Scholar
- Marvin L. Cohen, Density Functional Theory and Pseudopotentials: a Panacea for Calculating Properties of Materials, Int. J. of Quantum Chem. (to be published).Google Scholar
- Y. Miyamoto, A. Rubio, M.L. Cohen and S.G. Lonie, Chiral Tubules of Hexagonal BC2N, Phys. Rev. B50, 1949, pp. 4976.Google Scholar
- J.J. Hopfield, Aspects of Polaritons, Proc. Int. Conf. Phys. of Semicond., Kyoto. 1966: J. Phys. Soc. Japan 21, 1966, pp. 77–88.Google Scholar
- H. Yohoyama, Physics and Device Applications of Optical Microcavities, Source 256, 1992, pp. 66.Google Scholar
- M. Balkanski, K.P. Jain, R. Beserman and M. Jouanne, Theory of Interference Distortion of Raman Scattering Line Shapes in Semiconductors, Phys. Rev., Vol. B 12 (1975), pp. 4328–4337.Google Scholar
- S. Nakashima, Raman Intensity Profiles and Crystal Structures, in Elementary Excitations in Solids, Special Volume in Honor Professor Minko Balkanski, edited by J.L. Birman, C. Sébenne and R.F. Wallis, North-Holland (Amsterdam), 1992, pp. 167–195.Google Scholar
- M. Balkanski, P. Gomes da Costa and R.F. Wallis, Electron Energy Bands and Lattice Dynamics of Pure and Lithium Intercalated InSe, Phys. Status Solidi (to be published).Google Scholar
- R. Saito, M. Fujita, G. Dresselhaus and M.S. Dresselhaus (unpublished).Google Scholar
- L. Chico, V.H. Grespi, L.X. Benedict, S.G. Lonie and M.L. Cohen, Pure carbon nanoscale devices: nanotube heterojunctions (to be published).Google Scholar