Hearing Research and the Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO)

  • David J. Lim


ARO is a scientific society of researchers and clinical scientists engaged in re-search in ear biology, auditory and vestibular (hearing and balance) neurosciences, developmental biology, genetics and otolaryngology. There are about 2,300 members from 34 countries. 75% of the members are from the US and the remaining 25% are from Europe, Asia, and South America. The Midwinter Meeting generally has over 1,000 presentations and draws about 2,000 participants from all over the world. ARO maintains a website at www.aro.org. The program and abstracts of the Midwinter Meeting are available year-round on the website. ARO also publishes its own journal known as JARO (Journal of Association of Research in Otolaryngology), which is considered to be one of the top journals in auditory neuroscience.


Hair Cell Sensorineural Hearing Loss Hearing Research Sensory Hair Cell Patient Advocacy Group 
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.


Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Copyright information

© Springer-Verlag Tokyo 2004

Authors and Affiliations

  • David J. Lim
    • 1
  1. 1.ARO, Research House Ear InstituteLos AngelesUSA

Personalised recommendations