Ischemia Secondary to Atherosclerosis
Protection and Treatment
It is a distinct pleasure to pay tribute to Prof. Jiro Suzuki. In the wide world of our profession, he ranks as a great man. Longfellow, the distinguished American poet, described the tireless energy, determination, tenacity, and dedication of Jiro Suzuki when he wrote this poem:
The heights by great men reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.
(The Ladder of St. Augustine)
KeywordsCarotid Endarterectomy Carotid Artery Disease Coronary Artery Surgery Study Middle Cerebral Artery Stenosis Stroke Reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Buchan A, Gates P, Pelz D, Barnett HJM. Intraluminal thrombus in the cerebral circulation. StrokeGoogle Scholar
- 9.ESPS Group (1987) The European stroke prevention study. Lancet 1351-1354Google Scholar
- 12.Kahan JP, Neu CR, Hammons GT, Hillman BJ (1987) The decision to initiate clinical trials of current medical practices. Rand, Santa MonicaGoogle Scholar
- 14.Lauzier S, Cote R, Ogunyemi A, Hopkins M, Vandervoort M, Barnett HJM (1986) Predictive value of cerebral atheroma in 158 patients—a 10 year follow-up. Stroke 17:127 (abstract)Google Scholar
- 18.UK-TIA Study Group. The UK-TIA aspirin trial: the interim results. Br Med JGoogle Scholar
© Springer Japan 1988