YBa2Cu3O7−y SQUID with Step-Edge Junctions
YBa2Cu3O7− junctions were fabricated. We have studied characteristics of the SQUIDs with different inductances. The flux transfer function was affected significantly by the SQUID inductance. The minimum energy sensitivity at 10Hz of 3.3 × 13.10−29J/Hz was obtained at the SQUID with inductance of 40pH. The superconducting focussing plate was applied to the SQUID to enhance the magnetic field sensitivity. The flux capture area increased by a factor of 3.6 and was 1.8 × 10-8m2. The flux noise Sϕ 1/2 at 10 Hz was 3.4 x× 10−5ϕ0/Hz1/2, corresponding to 3.7pT/Hz1/2.
KeywordsMagnetic Flux Closed Circle Voltage Noise YBCO Film Outer Dimension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Gross, P.Chaudhari, M.Kawasaki, M.B.Ketchen and A.Guputa: Appl. Phys. Lett. 57, 727–729, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.M.S.Dilorio, S.Yoshizumi, M.Maung, K.Y.Yang, J.Zhang and N.Q.Fan: Nature, 354, 513–515, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.G.Friedl, G.Daalmans, M.Vildic, D.Uhl, F.Bommel, BJRoas, B.Hillenbrand, B,Stritzker and H.E.Hoenig: IEEE Trans. Magn. 1993 ( To be published).Google Scholar
- 6.K.Char, M.S.Colclough, S.M.Garrison, N.Newman and G-Zaharchuk: Appl. Phys. Lett. 59, 733–735, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.S.Tanaka, H.Kado, T.Matsuura and H.Itozaki: IEEE Trans. Magn. 1993 (To be published).Google Scholar
- 8.J.M.Jaycox and M.B.Ketchen: IEEE Trans. Magn. 17, 400–403, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.C.D.Tesche and J.Clarke: J.Low Temp. Phys. 29, 301–331, 1977.Google Scholar
- 10.M.B.Ketchen, WJ.Gallagher, A.W.Kleinsasser, S.Murphy and J.R.Clem: Proceedings of SQUID 85, Berlin, Germany, June 1985, 855–871.Google Scholar
- 11.L.P.Lee, K.Char, M.S.Colclough and G.Zaharchuk: App;. Phys. Lett. 59, 3051–3053, 1991.Google Scholar