Measurement by ELISA of Anisakis-Specific Antibodies of Different Immunoglobulin Classes in Paired Sera of Gastric Anisakiasis
Anisakiasis is a common disease among Japanese people who eat raw marine fish such as mackerel, squid, and cod. Accordingly, an accurate infection rate is unclear. From January 1985 to February 1988, 384 sera were received for immunological test, of which thirty-three were parasitologically proven cases. Parasites from the remainder could not be detected with gastro-endoscopy, although their symptoms were strongly suspicious of invasion by Anisakis larva in the gastrointestinal wall. Therefore, serological testing is an important tool for the diagnosis of this disease.
KeywordsImmunoglobulin Class Proven Case Anisakis Simplex Specific Antibody Titer Gastric Anisakiasis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Suzuki T, Ishida K, Ishigooka K, Doi K, Otsuru M, Sato R, Asaishi K, Nishino C (1975) Stutlies on the immunological diagnosis of anisakiasis. 5. Intradermal and indirect hemagglutination tests, and histopathological examination of biopsied mucous membranes on gastric anisakiasis. Jpn J Parasitol 24: 184–191 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Akao N, Yoshimura H (1988) Latex aggulutination test for immunodiagnosis of gastric anisakiasis. In: Ishikura H, Hayasaka H (eds) Advances of gastric anisakiasis in Japan (in press)Google Scholar
- 3.Krahenbuhl JL, Remington JS (1982) The immunology of toxoplasma and toxoplasmosis. In: Cohen S, Warren KS (eds) Immunology of parasitic infections 2nd ed., Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, London, pp. 356–421Google Scholar
- 5.Befus D, Bienenstock J (1984) Induction and expression of mucosal immune responses and inflammation to parasitic infections. Contemporary topics in immunobiology Vol. 1 In: Marchalonis, JJ (ed) Immunobiology of parasites and parasitic infections. Plenum Press, New York, pp. 71–108Google Scholar
- 10.Tachibana M, Yamamoto Y (1966) Serum anti-Anisakis IgE antibody in patients with acute gastric anisakiasis. Jpn J Diges Dis 83: 2132–2138 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Nakata H, Tachibana M, Sakamoto Y, Morita M, Okazaki K, Yamamoto Y, Yamamoto Y, Ito K (1986) Analysis of antigens defined by anti-Anisakis larvae IgG and antibodies in sera of patients with gastric anisakiasis. Jpn J Diges Dis 83: 2456 (in Japanese)Google Scholar