Detection of Cellular Immunity by Migration Inhibition Test on Rabbits and Guinea Pigs Immunized with Anisakis Larval Antigens
It is well documented that cell-mediated immunity (CMI) plays an important role in the protection of the host against parasite infections. Some earlier workers detected the development of CMI from several Protozoa [1–3], Schistosoma [4–6] or Trichina worm , Echinococcus infections [8–10] and others [11,12] by the appearance of delayed type hypersensitivity skin reactions and/or CMI in vitro reactions.
KeywordsMacrophage Migration Inhibition Factor Migration Inhibition Migration Index Alveolar Echinococcosis Macrophage Migration Inhibition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fahey JR, Herman R (1981) Relationship between delayed hypersensitivity response and acquired cell-mediated immunity in C57BL/6J mice infected with Leishmania donovani. Infection and Immunity 49: 447–451Google Scholar
- 7.Palmas C, Conchedda M, Bortoletti G, Gabriele H (1985) In vitro cellular immune response in mice and rabbits immunized with Trichinella spiralis antigen. Parassitologia 64: 216–222Google Scholar
- 13.Kikuchi Y, Ishikura H, Kikuchi K, Hayasaka H (1989) Pathology of gastric anisakiasis. Gastric Anisakiasis in Japan. Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Treatment. Ishikura H, Namiki M (eds) Springer, Tokyo, pp. 117–127Google Scholar
- 14.Kikuchi Y, Ueda T, Yoshiki T, Aizawa M, Ishikura H (1967) Experimental immunopathological studies of intestinal anisakiasis. Igaku No Ayumi 62: 731–736 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 15.Kojima K, Koyanagi T, Shiraki K (1966) Pathological studies of anisakiasis (parasitic abscess formation in, gastrointestinal tracts). Jpn J Clin Med 24: 134–143 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 16.Saeki H (1975) Studies on cell-mediated immunity in experimental anisakiasis. J Sapporo Medical College 44: 309–322 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 17.George M, Voughan J (1962) In vitro cell migration as a model for delayed hypersensitivity. Proc Soc Exp Med 111: 514–521Google Scholar
- 18.Lowry OH, Roserough NJ, Farr AL, Rondall RJ (1956) Protein measurement with Folin phenol reagent. J Bioi Chem 193: 265–275Google Scholar
- 19.Akao N, Yoshimura H (1989) Latex agglutination test for immunodiagnosis of gastric anisakiasis. Gastric Anisakiasis in Japan. Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Treatment. Ishikura H, Namiki M (eds) Springer, Tokyo, pp 97–102Google Scholar
- 20.Kikuchi K, Toyokawa O, Nakamura K, Ishiyama H, Yokota H, Sato H, Natori T, Ishikura H, Aizawa M (1970) Immunopathology of experimental anisakiasis. Minophagen Medical Review 15: 54–58 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 21.Saeki H, Mizugaki H, Ishikura H, Hayasaka H (1972) Immunological studies on Anisakiasis 11. Participation of immune response in host-tissue reaction and destruction of parasite bodies. Hokkaido J Med Sci 47: 541–550 (in Japanese)Google Scholar