Flexibility of TSG Platform to Project Requirements
A study has been conducted to evaluate the applicability of the Tecnomare Steel Gravity (TSG) platform concept for developing offshore oil fields. This evaluation includes both the technical feasibility and economic attractiveness of the concept.
To aid in evaluating the question of economic attractiveness, a computer program was written to perform preliminary sizing of a TSG platform and to prepare an estimate of weight and towing requirements. Using this program, a parameter study was performed and a set of weight estimating curves was developed. Using these estimating curves in combination with up-to-date material and construction costs, a designer or operator can quickly estimate the cost of a TSG platform for a range of environmental conditions and operating requirements.
KeywordsUnconfined Compressive Strength Cathodic Protection Structural Weight Drill Pipe Severe Environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tecnomare Steel Gravity Platform - The preliminary estimate of platform characteristics. Tecnomare S.p.A., Venezia — Italy, Sept. 1980Google Scholar
- 2.Lalli, D.: New concept of pile-less fixed platform for deep water drilling and production operations. Fifth Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Paper OTC 1916, Houston, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.Gnone, E.: Maureen, the first steel gravity platform in the North Sea. C.I.S.M., Udine — Italy, Sept. 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Alloni, C.; D’Agostino, A.; Priarone, R.: Design analysis and construction of the Loango steel gravity platforms. Eighth Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Paper OTC 2437, Houston, 1976.Google Scholar
- 5.D’Agostino, A.; Di Telia, V.; Gnone, E.; Sebastiani, G.: TSG — Integrated storage platform for early production in the North Sea. Twelfth Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Paper OTC 3880, Houston, 1980.Google Scholar