Tremie Process Non-Contacting with Water
The present investigation suggests feasibility of new tremie process of non-contacting with water for high qualities of underwater concrete. Experimental works in the laboratory based on the new concept were performed and defined successfully from the test results of lucid cylindrical vessels of 63φx300cm. At the same time, it was found that the possibilities of vibrating compaction and no water pollution were realized in the new process.
KeywordsCompressive Strength Ultimate Load Beam Specimen Fresh Concrete Cutoff Wall
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gerwick, B.C. Jr; Placement of tremie concrete.ACI Special publications “Concrete construction in aqueous environments” paper NP. 2. 1966 pp.9–20Google Scholar
- 2.ACI Committee 304: Proposed revision of ACI 614–59; Recommended practice for measuring, mixing, transporting and placing concrete. ACI Journal. Jul.1972Google Scholar
- 3.Schoewert,L.C;Hillen,H.F.;Underwater transporting of concrete with the hydro-value.ACI Journal.Sep.1972Google Scholar
- 4.Holland, T.C.; Gerwick, B.C. Jr; Turner, J.R.; Tremie concrete placement. “Wolf creek dam cutoff wall”ACI Journal. Oct.1982. pp. 26–34Google Scholar
- 5.Hiroshi, S., Tadasuke, O.; Recent development of underwater concreting. JCI Journal. Apr.1983 pp.4–13Google Scholar