Polymer Concrete Composites for Concrete Ocean Structures
Recent advancements in concrete materials technology has opened up many avenues for effective utilization of these materials. Polymer concrete composites being one such has been attracting the attention of many to provide special alternatives for concrete to perform under severe environmental conditions. The present paper gives the methodology for the production of these materials in the laboratory. The characteristics of each of these materials with respect to strength as well as durability have been presented. Lastly, application possibilities with particular reference to ocean structures has been discussed.
KeywordsNatural Rubber Splash Zone Butyl Acrylate Butyl Acrylate Natural Rubber Latex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Subrahmanyam, B.V., Ganesh Babu, K. et al., Strength and Plastic Ductility of Polymer Impregnated Concrete Beams and Columns, Second Int. Cong, on Polymers in Concrete, Texas (1978), 229–244,Google Scholar
- 2.Ganesh Babu, K., Behaviour of Polymer Impregnated Ferrocement, to be presented at Second Int. Sym. on Ferrocement (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.Ganesh Babu, K., Subrahmanyam, B.V., Strength and Behaviour of Superplasticized Concretes, Indian Concrete Journal, (1982), 159–163.Google Scholar
- 4.Ganesh Babu, K., Subrahmanyam, B.V., Fibre-Reinforced Concretes with Polymeric Superplasticizers Bridge and Structural Engineer (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.Mehta, H.C., Manson, J.A., et al. Polymer-Impregnated Concrete: Field Studies, ASCE Transportation Engg. Jl. (1975), 1–27.Google Scholar
- 6.Dujeiym J.T., Steinberg, M., et al, Concrete-Polymer Materials, Third topical Report (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.Seki, H., Deterioration of Concrete of Coastal Structures in Japan, Durability of Concrete, ACI Special Publication 47.Google Scholar
- 8.Browne, R.D., and Geoghegan, M.P., The Corrosion of Concrete Marine Structures, presented at Sym. on Corrosion of Steel Reinforcement in Concrete Construction, London (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.Anon, Precast Units for North Sea Oil Platform, Precast Concrete Jl. (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.Gerwick, B., Concrete Sea Structures, Prestressed Concrete Institute (1976)Google Scholar
- 11.Gerwick, B., Applications of polymers to concrete sea structures, Second Int. Cong, on Polymers in Concrete, Texas (1978), 37–43.Google Scholar