Transport Anomalies above Room Temperature and Metal-Insulator Transition of High-Tc Oxides
Drastic temperature dependence of the Hall coefficient RH has been found for La2−xSrxCuO4 and YBa2Cu3O6+x by the experimental studies up to about 1000K. It has revealed an existence of the crossover-like change of the electronic state and elucidated the formation process, with decreasing temperature, of the “low carrier density state”, the existence of which characterizes the metal-insulator transition of high-Tc oxides as a new type one. Results of phonon and other transport measurements are discussed in relation to the drastic crossover behaviors.
KeywordsContact Resistance Hall Coefficient High Temperature Measurement Single Crystal Specimen Electronic Specific Heat Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Nishikawa T, Takeda J and Sato M J. Phys. Soc. Jpn.Google Scholar
- 11.Harashina H, Shamoto S, Kodama K, Sato M, Kakurai K, Nishi M, Sternlieb B J and Shirane G J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. submittedGoogle Scholar
- 12.Takagi H, Batlogg B, Kao H L, Kwo J, Cava R J, Krajewski J J and Peck Jr W F (1992) Phys. Rev. Lett. 69: 2975Google Scholar
- 15.Shirane G, Birgeneau R. J, Endoh Y and Kastner M A (1993) Physica B to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 16.Oda M, Ohguro T, Matsuki H, Yamada N and Ido M (1990) Phys. Rev. B41: 2605Google Scholar