Large Washer SQUID
Focussing effect of YBa2Cu3O7−y large washer SQUID and flux shielding plates were studied. Optimizing the hole size of the shielding plates, the flux capture area was improved up to 60% of the theoretical value. The field resolution was 370fT/Hz1/2 at 10Hz. We have developed a 16-channel high-Tc SQUID magnetometer system, and demonstrated that the 16 channel magnetocardiogram can be obtained. The devices used in this system were sealed by epoxy resin; there were no significant degradation of the SQUID performances after the heat cycles (room temperature to 77K) of 50 times.
KeywordsHeat Cycle Hole Size YBCO Film Outer Dimension YBCO Thin Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.Gross, P.Chaudhari, M.Kawasaki, M.B.Ketchen and A.Guputa, Appl. Phys. Lett. 57, 727 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.M.S. Dilorio, S. Yoshizumi, K.Y. Yang, J. Zhang, M. Maung and B. Power, Proc. 5th Int. Symp. Superconductivity, Kobe, November, 1992 ( Springer-Verlag, Tokyo, 1993 ), p. 1161.Google Scholar
- 5.F.C.Wellstood, A.H.Miklich, JJ.Kingston, M J.Ferrari, J.Clarke, M.S.Colclough, K.Char, and G.Zaharchuk, Proc. SQUID ’91 (Session of Superconducting Devices), Berlin, Germany, June, 1991 ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1992 ), p. 162.Google Scholar
- 6.Y.Tavrin, Y.Zhang, M.Mueck, A.I.Braginski and C.Heiden, Appl. Phys. Lett. 62, 1824 (1993).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Tanaka, H. Itozaki, H. Toyoda, N. Harada, A. Adachi, K. Okajima, H. Kado, and T.Nagaishi, Appl. Phys. Lett. (To be published)Google Scholar
- 9.H. Itozaki, S. Tanaka, H. Toyoda, N. Harada, A. Adachi, K. Okajima, T. Nagaishi, and H.Kado, Ext. Abst. 5th Int. Superconductive Electronics Conference, Boulder, Colorado, USA, August, 1993 ( Centennial Conferences, Colorado, 1993 ) p. 138.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Rogalla, B. David and M. Mueck, Proc. SQUID ’85, Berlin, Germany, June, 1985 ( Wolter de Gruyter, Berlin, 1985 ), p. 671.Google Scholar
- 12.T.Nagaishi, H.Itozaki, S.Tanaka, T.Matsuura, N.Ota, N.Fujimori and S.Yazu, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30, L718 (1991).Google Scholar
- 14.M.B. Ketchen, W J. Gallagher, A.W. Kleinsasser, S. Murphy and J.R. Clem: Proc. SQUID ’85, Berlin, Germany, June, 1985 ( Wolter de Gruyter, Berlin, 1985 ) p. 855.Google Scholar
- 15.S. Tanaka, H. Itozaki, H. Kado, H. Toyoda, T.Nagaishi, Proc. 5th Int. Symp. Superconductivity, Kobe, November, 1992 ( Springer-Verlag, Tokyo, 1993 ), p. 1067.Google Scholar
- 16.T. Komuro, N. Harada, K. Okajima, H. Kado, Technical Repot of IEICE, SCE92-67, ( The institute of electronics, information and communication engineers, Tokyo, 1993 ), p. 61.Google Scholar