Histochemical Study of the Extra-Cellular Stroma in Gastric Cancer
To elucidate the stromal characteristics in gastric carcinoma, we investigated the localization of some types of collagen fibers which are main fibrous compornents in the interstitial connective tissue and various proteoglicans such as hyaluronic acid (HS) and chondroitin sulfate (CS) using the immunohistochemical and enzymatic histochemical techniques.
KeywordsGastric Cancer Hyaluronic Acid Collagen Type Chondroitin Sulfate Alcian Blue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kaibara N, Maeta M, Hamazoe R, Koga S (1989)Multimodality treatment of scirrhous carcinoma of the stomach. Gastroenterological Surgery 12:1317–1321Google Scholar
- 2.Nakamura K, Saitoh Y (1986) Clinicopathological aspects of scirrhous carcinoma of the stomach. Saishin-Igaku 41:951–959Google Scholar
- 4.Sobue M, Fukatsu T, Nakashima N, Takeuchi J, Kato T, Ogura T, Nakagaki S (1987) Immunohistichemical localization of chondroitin sulfate and dermatan sulfate proteoglycan in human connective tissues. Connective Tissue 19; 117–126Google Scholar
- 5.Takahashi N (1989) Immunohistochemical study on the relationship between cancer cell growth and storoma changes of gastric carcinoma.Google Scholar
- 9.Minamoto T, Mai M, Ooi A (1990) Biochemical Immunohistochemical Profiles of collagen types and plasminogen activators in desmoplastic reaction of gastric carcinoma. Prceedings of Japanese Research Society for Gastroenterological Carcinogenesis 2:267–271Google Scholar
- 10.Junqueria LCU, Toledo OMS, MOntes GS (1981) Correlation of specific sulfated glycosasminoglycans with collagen types I, II and III. Cell Tissue Res 217:171–175Google Scholar