A Case of Funnel-Type Benign Esophageal Stricture Due to Foreign Body
Since a foreign body lodged in the esophagus produces acute symptoms, urgent treatment is essential to prevent fatal complications such as mediastinitis and perforation of the aorta . We encountered an exceptional case who had chronic symptoms due to an esophageal foreign body which resulted in a funnel-type esophageal stricture.
KeywordsEsophageal Cancer Foreign Body Esophageal Wall Hemosiderin Deposition Normal Esophagus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Chisholm M, Ardran GM, Callender ST, Wright R (1971) Iron defficiency and autoimmunity in post-cricoid webs. 0 J Med 40: 421–433Google Scholar
- 4.Farooq PA, Raji MR (1982) Esophageal involvement in pemphigoid: Clinical and roentgen manifestaions. Gastrointest Radiol 7: 109Google Scholar
- 5.Sethumadhavan VS, Rashmi P (1982) Herpes esophagitis. Am J Gastroenterol 77: 48–50Google Scholar
- 7.Terracol J, Sweet RH (1958) Diseases of the esophagus, 1st edn. WB Saunders, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- 8.Haggitt RC, Meissner WA (1972) Crohn’s disease of the upper gastrointestinal tract. Am J Clin Pathol 59: 613–622Google Scholar