Superconducting Magnetic Bearing Using MPMG YBaCuO
A large superconducting magnetic bearing with MPMG YBaCuO material was built in this study. The bearing was driven with a high frequency motor. A pair of the MPMG YBaCuO rings(ϕ4OXϕ65X t20) were fixed in the cooling spaces which were partitioned with thin seal plate. The spaces were cooled with liquid nitrogen.
The shaft was centerized with a specially designed centerizing device. Without the device the rotational shaft will be fixed at arbitrary position. The weight of a rotor of the bearing was 2.4kg and it could be rotated safely at 30000 rpm.
KeywordsRotational Speed Critical Speed High Speed Rotation Levitation Force Magnetic Bearing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2).M.Okano et al, 32nd Meeting on Cryogenics and Superconductivity, b2–13(1984), 105Google Scholar
- 4).R.Takahata and T.Yotsuya, IEEE Trans. Magn. 27,2, Mar. (1991), 2423Google Scholar
- 5).M.Murakami, Jap. J. Appl. phys.,29(1990)L1991Google Scholar
- 6).T.Yotuya, M.Shibayama and R.Takahata: Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, vol.36,1991Google Scholar
- 7).T.Yokoyajna, Paper Presented at Annual Autumn Appl. pliys. Meeting(1990)Google Scholar