Preparation and Electrical Characterization of Melt Textured 2212 Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-Oxide Layers on Ag-Tape
Screen printed pastes and Doctor blade processed green tapes prepared from Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8 powder were subjected to a melt-texturing process on silver foil. Melting and crystallization temperatures were determined using DTA analysis. Highly textured layers were formed by slow cooling from the melting temperature to the crystallization temperature and quenching after a holding period. At 4.2 K and 77 K critical transport current densities j c as high as 1.3 × 105 A/cm2 and 1.1 × 104 A/cm2, respectively were obtained in zero field. These values are in good accordance with critical current densities j cm determined by magnetization measurements. j c‖ (B ‖ tape) can be related to j c⊥ (B ⊥ tape) assuming that the field component B ‖ c-axis alone controls j c (B,T). The analysis results in an average misorientation of the c-axes of the grains of about six degrees. This is directly confirmed by SEM micrographs.
KeywordsCrystallization Temperature Critical Current Density Flux Line Field Orientation Doctor Blade
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wilhelm M, Neumüller HW, Ries G (1991) Proc. of M2-HTSC Conf., Kanazawa Japan, July 22–26. Physica C (to be published)Google Scholar
- 4.Kreß B, Neumüller HW, Aßmann H, Wohlfart M, Kase J, Kumakura H, Togano K (1991) Proc. of M2-HTSC Conf., Kanazawa Japan, July 22-26. Physica C (to be published)Google Scholar
- 6.Hoshino K, Takahara H (1988) Proc. 1st Int. Symposium on Superconductivity, Nagoya Japan, Aug. 28–31: 325Google Scholar
- 7.Aßmann H, Steinmann B, Kreß B, Günther A (1990) Proc. 7th CIMTEC, Trieste Italy, July 2–5, Materials Science Monographs 70, Edit. P. Vincenzini, Elsevier, Amsterdam: 905Google Scholar
- 8.Togano K, Kumakura H, Dietderich DR, Maeda H, Kase J, Morimoto T, Ulimann B, Freyhardt HC (1991) Proceedings of ICMC 90 Topical Conf. HTSC, Materials Aspects, May 9–11, 1990, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, FRG: 165Google Scholar
- 10.Triscone G, Genoud JY, Graf T, Junod A, Muller J (1991) Physica C (to be published )Google Scholar
- 12.Gerhäuser W, Ries G, Neumüller HW, Schmidt W, Eibl O, Saemann- Ischenko G, Klaumünzer S (1991) Phys. Rev. Lett (to be published)Google Scholar
- 13.Ries G, Neumüller HW, Schmidt W (1991) Proc. 6th Int. Workshop on Critical Currents, Cambridge GB, July 8-11. Supercond. Sci. 0026amp; Technol. (to be published)Google Scholar