Investigation of surgical treatment for cholangiocellular carcinoma
Cholangiocellular carcinoma (CCC), the malignant tumor arising from epithelial cells of the intrahepatic bile duct, has been classified as a primary liver cancer, although CCC has occurred less frequently than hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in Japan . Most CCCs are advanced because a system for early diagnosis has not been established , and even though CCC is resectable, the prognosis is generally unfavorable [3–5]. We therefore studied clinically the 36 patients with CCC encountered at our hospital, and reported the current status of surgical treatment in Japan.
KeywordsBile Duct Liver Cancer Hepatic Resection Curative Resection Intrahepatic Bile Duct
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Japan Liver Cancer Research Society, 9th National Primary Liver Cancer Follow-up Report (1987). Kyoto, Shinko Publishing pp 1–118Google Scholar
- 2.Motoo Y, Kobayashi K, Hatori S (1987) Diagnostic system for liver cancer. Liver, Bile, Pancreas 15: 321–326Google Scholar
- 5.Tsunoda T, Koga M, Tokunaga S, Eto T, Matsumoto T, Segawa T, Motoshima K, Izawa K, Tsuchiya R (1989) Diagnosis and surgical treatment of cholangiocarcinoma. Diagnostic imaging of the abdomen 9: 1034–1041Google Scholar
- 6.Japan Liver Cancer Research Society: Treatment Guidelines for Primary Liver Cancer (1987) (Revised 2nd edition). Tokyo, Kanehara PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 7.Japan Liver Cancer Research Society: 5th National Primary Liver Cancer Follow-up Reports (1979). Kyoto, Shinko Publishing pp 1–42Google Scholar
- 8.Japan Liver Cancer Research Society: 6th National Primary Liver Cancer Follow-up Reports (1981). Kyoto, Skinko Publishing pp 1–100Google Scholar
- 9.Okuda K, Kubo Y, Okazaki N, Arishima T, Hashimoto M, Jinnouchi S, Sawa Y, Sjhimokawa Y, Nakajima Y, Noguchi T, Nakano M, Kojiro M Nakashima T (1977) Clinical aspects of intrahepatic bile duct including hilar carcinoma: A study of 57 autopsy-proven cases. Cancer 39: 232–246PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Mimura H, Kim H, Takakura K, Hamazaki K, Ochiai Y, Sakumoto S, Ozawa T, Orita K (1987) Radical block resection of complete hepatoduodenal ligament for bile duct carcinoma. Surgery 41: 161–165Google Scholar
- 14.Kinami Y, Miyazaki I, Kurachi M, Takashima S, Shinmura K, Shinno B (1979) A study on operative results of carcinoma of the intrahepatic bile duct and the main hepatic bile duct junction and clinical features of patients with multiple carcinoma of the bile duct. Jpn J Gastroenterol Surg 12: 908–913CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Iwasaki Y, Todoroki K (1980) Intraoperative radiotherapy for carcinoma of the bile duct at the hepatic hilus. J Bil Pane 11: 857–863Google Scholar
- 16.Tani M, Yahata K, Mikuriya S, Mamiya T, Asano M (1984) Radiotherapy for unresectable bile duct carcinoma at hepatic hilus. J Bil Pane 5: 1539–1549Google Scholar