Tl-Ca-Ba-Cu-O Thin Film Passive Microwave Devices
We report results on several passive microwave devices fabricated and tested using epitaxial thin films of Tl2CaBa2Cu2O8 grown on LaAlO3. We report microstrip resonators with unloaded Q’s of 15,000 at 80K and 4.83 GHz, and 1440 at 80K and 33 GHz. We report a superconducting 4.6 GHz bandreject filter with unloaded Q greater than 15,000 when operated at 77K.
KeywordsEpitaxial Thin Film Microstrip Resonator HTSC Material Transmission Line Resonator HTSC Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Muller, “Microwave Properties of High Temperature Superconductors”, Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on RF Superconductivity, KEK Tsukuba-Shi, August, 1989.Google Scholar
- R.B. Hammond, G.V. Negrete, M.S. Schmidt, M.J. Moskowitz, M.M. Eddy, D.D. Strother, and D.L. Skoglund, “Superconducting Tl-Ca-Ba-Cu-O Thin Film Microstrip Resonator and its Power Handling Performance at 77K, ” 1990 IEEE MIT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 867–869, 1990.Google Scholar
- W. G. Lyons, R. R. Bonetti, A. E. Williams, P. M. Mankiewich, M. L. O’Malley, A. C. Anderson, R. S. Withers, and R. E. Howard, “High-Tc Superconductive Microwave Filters,” Proceedings of the Applied Superconductivity Conference, Snowmass, 1990, to be published in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics.Google Scholar
- S. H. Talisa, J. Billing, R. Brown, D. C. Buck, M. A. Janocko, C. K. Jones, B. R. McAvoy, C. Moskowitz, J. Talvaccio, and G. R. Wagner, “Microwave Superconducting Filters,” Proceedings of the Applied Superconductivity Conference, Snowmass, 1990, to be published in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics.Google Scholar
- D. E. Oates, A. C. Anderson, and B. S. Shih, “Superconducting Stripline Resonators and High-Tc Materials,” Technical Digest of the IEEE Microwave Symposium, Dallas, pp. 627–630, 1990.Google Scholar