Angular Dependence of Critical Current Density of YBaCuO Thin Film
Experimental studies on the angular dependences of resistive transition and transport critical current density (Jc) under magnetic fields have been carried out on thin film of YBaCuO. Investigated samples are c-axis oriented polycrystalline films prepared by dc magnetron sputtering from a single sintered target on MgO(100) substrates, and their transition temperature(Tc) ranges from 82 to 89 K. The Tc of samples varies depending on the magnetic field strength(B) and field angle(θ) relative to the film plane. As B increases up to 7 T, the Tc is generally lowered and a large reduction of Tc takes place at θ > 30°. Values of Jc(θ = 90°)/Jc(θ = 0°) obtained in every field appreciably decreases with increasing B up to 7 T.
KeywordsAngular Dependence Critical Current Density Magnetic Field Dependence Film Plane Resistive Transition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.Yamane, H.Kurosawa, T.Hirai, K.Watanabe, H.Iwasaki, N.Kobayashi, and Y.Muto; Supercond. Sci.Techno1. 2, 115 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.X.X.Xi, G.Linker, O.Meyer, E.Nold, B.Obst, F.Ratzel, R.Smithey, B.Strechlan, F.Weschenfelder, and J.Geerk; Z.Phys. B 74, 13 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.G.Koren, A.Gupta, E.A.Giess, A.Segumuller, and R.B.Laibowitz; Appl.Phys.Lett. 54, 1054 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Y.Iye; Studies of High Temperature Superconductors, edited by A.Narlikar, Nova Science Pub, New York, vo1.2,199(1989).Google Scholar
- 5.Y.Muto, K.Watanabe, N.Kobayashi, H.Kawabe, H.Yamane, H.Kurokawa, and T.Hirai; Physica C 162 -164,105(1989).Google Scholar
- 6.Y.Enomoto, T.Murakami, M.Suzuki, and K.Moriwaki; Jpn.J.Appl.Phys. 26, 1248 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.B.Roas, L.Schultz, and G.Saemann-Ischenko; Phys.Rev.Lett. 64, 479 (1990).Google Scholar