Low Temperature In-Situ Growth of YBCO High Tc Superconducting Thin Films Using MOCVD and Plasma-Enhanced MOCVD (PE-MOCVD)
YBCO thin films with a critical current density of 2.3 × 106 A/cm2 and 1×106 A/cm2 at 77.7 K and 0 T were prepared, in-situ, by metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) and PE-MOCVD. The films were formed in-situ on LaAlO3 at a substrate temperature of 570–730°C in 2–20 torr partial pressure of N2O. Resistivity and magnetic susceptibility measurements show a sharp superconducting transition (less than 1K wide) at 88–90 K . X-ray diffraction and high resolution electron microscopy measurements indicate that films grew epitaxially with the c-axis perpendicular to the surface of the substrate.
KeywordsCritical Current Density YBCO Film Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition High Oxygen Partial Pressure YBCO Thin Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H. Yamane, H. Masumoto, T. Hirai, H. Iwasaki, K. Watanabe, N. Kobayashi and Y. Muto, AppL. Phys. Lett. 53, (1988) 1548Google Scholar
- 3.T.Nakamori, H.Abe, T.Kanamori and S.Shibata, Jpn. J.Appl.Phys.27(1988)L1473Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kanehori, Fall MRS Meeting 1989, ISTEC Workshop 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.R.H. Hammond and R.Bormann, Physica C162–164, 703 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8J.Zhao, D.W. Noh, C. S. Chern, Y.Q. Li, P. Norris, B. Gallois, and B. Kear, Appl. Phys. Lett. 56, 2342Google Scholar
- 9.V. Marijasevic, P.Rosenthal, K.Shinohara, A.F.Marshall, R.H.Hammond and M.R.Beasley (to be published in J. Mater. Res.)Google Scholar