Epitaxial Y-Ba-Cu-O Films on Si with Intermediate Layer by RF Magnetron Sputtering
Epitaxial films of Y-Ba-Cu-O were obtained on Si substrate using epitaxial intermediate layer consisting of SrTiO3(or BaTiO3)/MgAl2O4. MgAl2O4 was epitaxially grown on Si(100) substrate by chemical vapor deposition, and then SrTiO3 or BaTiO3 was also epitaxially grown on MgAl2O4 layer by means of RF magnetron sputtering. Y-Ba-Cu-O films were prepared on SrTiO3(BaTiO3)/MgAl2O4/Si substrates by RF magnetron sputtering and their epitaxial growth was confirmed by RHEED observation and X-ray diffraction measurements. Epitaxial orientations of Y-Ba-Cu-O films varied in dependence on RF input power; lower RF power resulted in c-axis oriented film and higher RF power resulted in a-axis oriented film. Preparation of Y-Ba-Cu-O directly on MgAl2O4/Si was also studied, but only randomly oriented polycrystal film has been obtained so far. In sputter Auger depth measurement, any notable diffusion between Y-Ba-CuO film and the substrates was not observed. Resistive superconducting transitions with zero resistance at 65K on SrTiO3/MgAl2O4/Si and at 70K on BaTiO3/MgAl2O4/Si were observed.
KeywordsCritical Current Density Epitaxial Film Reflection High Energy Electron Diffraction Reflection High Energy Electron Diffraction Pattern Oriented Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Masao Mikami, Yasuaki Hokari, Koji Egami, Hideaki Tsuya and Masaru Kanamori, Extended Abstract of the 15th Conf. Solid State Devices and Materials, Tokyo, 31 (1983) published by the Physical Society of Japan and the Japan society of Applied Physics.Google Scholar
- 6.Takafumi Kimura, Hideki Yamawaki, Yoshihiro Arimoto, Kazuto Ikeda, Masaru Ihara and Masashi Ozeki, Mat. Res. Soc. Sym. Proc. 53, 143 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Shogo Matsubara, Nobuaki Shohata and Masao Mikami, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Suppl. 24–3, 10 (1985)Google Scholar
- 8.Shogo Matsubara, Yoichi Miyasaka and Nobuaki Shohata, Mat. Res. Soc. Sym. Abst., Boston, 378 (1987)Google Scholar
- 9.Shogo Matsubara, Yoichi Miyasaka and Nobuaki Shohata (unpublished)Google Scholar